Welcome to the KPBSD OneStop Student Portal!
KPBSD Scholarship Database is a page for KPBSD students to search and to apply to various scholarships; some are KPBSD or School specific.
The page is organized by due date (the soonest due date on top). Scholarships are added regularly, check back for more scholarship opportunities. Apply! Apply! Apply!
|AVTEC||Nautical Skills||Zoom||January 18 - March 1, 2022||Tuesday & Thursday 8:30am - 9:30am||https://avtec.edu/HSNS Registration fee is waived.|
You will be contacted after your form has been submitted with more information.
Where and what is the WDC? The Work Force Development Center is located behind Kenai Central High School and houses KCHS' Auto, Welding, CAD/CAM and Construction Shops. Many After School Academies are held here and some courses are offered to students during their school day. Contact your School Counselor for more information.District-Wide Career and Technical Education (CTE) Course Offerings FY22
Work Coop Training Agreement Form
Each middle and high school student will develop a "Personal Learning and Career Plan" (PLCP) based on identified Career Pathways and areas of study. Students who focus on a Career Pathway can acquire the skills necessary for entry into careers with a high potential for financial growth and increased levels of engagement. Each student's PLCP will utilize the Alaska Career Information System electronic portfolio in planning their education giving them the tools for a successful future in a chosen career. Each school year the students are required to go through an AKCIS career lesson and will update their PLCP.
In the 2018-19 School Year
- 85% of KPBSD students in grades 7-12 have an established PLCP in AKCIS/Powerschool and have updated it during the 18-19 school year.
- 85% of KPBSD Students have selected education plans beyond high school (below - left)
- 90% of KPBSD Students have selected at least 1 Career Cluster of Interest (below - right)
- Career and Technical Education Course Descriptions
- Distance Learning
- Credit Recovery (GradPoint Login)
- CTE Scholarship Winners 19-20
- Kenai Peninsula College, Tuition Waiver for 20-21: Kaycee Bostic - Nikiski High School - Radiological Technology
- AVTEC, Tuition Waiver for 20-21: Wyatt Dement - Soldotna High School - Plumbing and Heating
- CTE Scholarship Winners 18-19
- Kenai Peninsula College, Tuition Waiver for 19-20: Shane Weathers - Nikiski High School - Process Technology
- AVTEC, Tuition Waiver for 19-20: Tyler Owens - Connections - Industrial Electricity
- CTE Scholarship Winners 17-18:
- Kenai Peninsula College, Tuition Waiver for 18-19:Donovan Smith- Nikiski High School – Instrumentation and Process Tech
- AVTEC, Tuition Waiver for 18-19:Carlos Caballero- Kenai Central High School - Industrial Electronics