Superintendent of Schools
Superintendent / School Board
The Latest from the Superintendent
Personalized Learning in KPBSD empowers every student to reach their lifelong learning potential. Where do you want your learning to take you and how can KPBSD help you get there?
Read, learn, and discover more at the KPBSD Personalized Learning Blog
What is personalized learning?
Personalized learning (PL) tailors learning for the strengths, needs, and interests of every student—including enabling student voice and choice in what, how, when, and where they learn—to provide flexibility and supports which ensure mastery at the highest standards possible. Personalized learning is the structuring of schools, classrooms, and instruction so we can better respond to the individual needs of students, instead of expecting students to fit the current mold or adapt to structures that may not be successful for them. Many of our teachers implement elements of personalized learning in their classrooms right now. The core four elements include:
- Education Elements website
- Personalized Learning blog with FAQs, updates, and resources
- Personalized Learning Timeline in KPBSD
- PL Resource Site for Schools & Teachers
- What’s Possible with Personalized Learning? An Overview of Personalized Learning for Schools, Families & Communities by iNACOL
- First Steps to Personalized Learning blog
- A Teacher’s Journey Toward Personalized Learning story
- Three minute video: Ed Elements: What Good is Tech If You Don’t Know How to Make the Most of It?