Teachers and staff are excited to be working with your child this year! Our 1st week of school has been quite successful, and has involved teachers introducing to students classroom routines, expectations, and a review of the new Student-Parent Handbook. Please click the image to the right if you want to look at it! Since the concept of a school Student-Parent Handbook is new for most students, it is quite understandable how children may feel we have “new” rules. However, we’ve only made a few changes to the school rules (such as student cell phones), and the remaining rules from last year have simply been written out for increased visibility & parental awareness. I’ve highlighted below the “What’s New” rules for Razdolna School this year:
- Cell Phones – during school hours, all MS/HS students must place their cell phones in their classroom teacher’s designated location (usually a pocket holder on the wall). Students will not use cell phones during school hours, other than their Snack Break or when allowed by their teacher for educational purposes. This does include tablets.
- Late Slips – if a student arrives more than 15min. to class, that student must retrieve a Late Slip from the secretary. The Late Slip will be given to that student’s classroom teacher, and can be used to keep parents aware that their child actually arrived at school. This is a safety measure, as we had a number of students skipping school last year without the parent’s knowledge. If you are interested in knowing whether your child arrived to school on-time, the Secretary has all arrival times for late students.
- RoboCalls – this is a continuation of what we started last Spring for unexcused absent students. In order to give your child the best education possible, and to increase parent awareness that their child is in school, RoboCalls are sent out for any unexcused absence. Parents may prevent RoboCall by calling the school in-advance to excuse their child for any of the reasons listed in the handbook (religious reasons, medical, etc.).
- ATV Rules – Last year, we had students talk back disrespectfully to staff whenever a staff member called out that student for driving unsafely. If a student shows disrespect to a staff member that had called him/her out for driving unsafely, that student’s ATV keys will immediately be confiscated. Your child’s safety is our top priority!
- “Student Responsibility” section (from McNeil’s handbook)
- “Honor Roll” Recognition
The Razdolna Student-Parent Handbook is specific to needs at our school, and is designed to support the KPBSD Parent-Student Handbook. Parents are welcome to provide feedback, or suggest changes, at any time of the school year. An opportunity to discuss the Student-Parent Handbook will be given at our first Site Council Meeting on Tuesday, September 24th. Please join us!!