If your child will be out for a planned absence for more than 5 days from school, please complete the Pre-Arranged Absence Form.
-Also, keep in mind the current state mandates (Health Mandate 10) on out of state travel. Please see the follow information from the AK Department of Health and Social Services website:
Returning from interstate travel
Recent travel out of state? Please know that if your child has recently returned from out of state travel, they must either self-quarantine for 14 days or have two negative COVID-19 tests before returning to school. Children 10 and under are not required to be tested would follow the same requirements of the parent or guardian they traveled with. Learn about the new rules at Health Mandate 10: Interstate and International Travel:
- For returning travelers, the first COVID-19 test should be taken 72 hours prior to departure or at the airport for Alaska residents.
- The second test should be taken 7-14 days after arrival.
- Children 10 and under do not need to be tested but are subject to the same requirements of the parent or guardian they traveled with. So until that guardian has quarantined for 14 days or had two negative COVID-19 tests, children who are not tested must also strictly isolate.
- All travelers into Alaska should be strictly isolating until the quarantine period is over or until the traveler has two negative COVID-19 tests.
- Do not send a child to school until these requirements are met.Thank you for helping to keep others safe, and keep schools open.