To order a transcript, create an account in Parchment.com and select where you would like the transcript sent.
PSAT Sign-up Now
For any interested juniors and sophomores please come down to the counseling office and sign up for the PSAT. The test is now January 26 and the cost is $17. Sign up now to reserve your spot. Any questions contact Mr. Mitchell in counseling.
Keep an eye on your email & facebook to stay up to date about scholarships, events & opportunities!
Would you like to receive email updates from the Counseling Department? Contact Bryan Mitchell to be added to the email list firstname.lastname@example.org
What can I talk to my counselor about?
School counselors can help in a variety of areas. You can talk to us about anything. Here are some examples:
1. Personal problems that affect your attitude and performance at school.
2. Academic Concerns including ways to improve your grades, study skills and organization. Course selection and graduation plans.
3. Social issues such as peer pressure and problems with friends.
4. Goal Setting to start planning and building your future.
5. College and Career exploration and assessments.
6. Test results and interpretation.
Counselors also …
- Meet with teachers and parents regarding student academic social & emotional needs.
- Coordinate school programs
- Make referrals to community agencies designed to help students and families with various issues
New to High School?
Freshmen Transition Night Zoom Presentation Watch the zoom presentation to learn about what to expect in high school. The passcode is MyS.Wo4k and the sound/presentation starts at min. 8:40.
If you would like to look through the slides without the presentation here is the link to the PowerPoint:
2020 Freshmen Transition Night PowerPoint
- Introduction to the Counseling Team
- Credits & Grades
- GPA & Graduation Requirements
- Checking your Graduation Progress on PowerSchool
- Alaska Performance Scholarship (APS) Link to APS website
- How to Win Scholarships
- Ways to get Involved
- Eligibility Requirements
Keep track of your volunteer hours/community service throughout high school:
volunteer hours log
AP Testing happens in the spring for AP Calculus and AP English. For more information please contact our AP Testing Coordinator, Holly Boyle at 776-9400.
Follow the links below to register and ensure eligibility to participate in college athletics.
Webinar recording: https://on.ncaa.com/Recording_11072020
Webinar presentation: https://on.ncaa.com/Presentation_11072020