Message from the Principal
Welcome to the 2023-24 school year. It’s hard to believe the new school year is almost here. It seems like summer has just begun. I hope you have enjoyed your summer and that your child/children are recharged, ready to learn and ready to challenge themselves. To help prepare for the new school year, here are some dates, deadlines and tasks that parents and students need to take care of before the first day of school on Tuesday, August 15th.
Registration & Paperwork
All families should register their children each year, even if your student is a returning student. This allows us to update important information including correct email and phone numbers so we can reach you. Please remember to fill out the following forms:
· One-to-one Chromebook program permission form
· Hanover Climate Survey Form
You can find the registration link on the KPBSD website at https://kpbsd.org/students-parents/student-registration/
Schedule Pick Up
Students wishing to pick up their schedules can do so following the schedule below.
All 9th graders are required to attend Freshmen Orientation on Thursday, August 10 from 6:00 to 8:00 pm.
- Pick Up Class Schedule
- Find Lockers and Classrooms
- Presentation & Introduction to HHS
- Students participate in Simulated School Schedule / Meet teachers
- Parents attend Informative Presentation
Look on our website for information videos about items that may be confusing or need clarification for parents and students. We will review items such as eligibility, attendance for sports participation, eligibility check and FOL. Watch our website for future videos. You can find our website at https://kpbsd.org/schools/homer-high/
Calendar of Events
· Aug. 3: Senior schedule pick up day 9:00-3:00
· Aug. 4: Junior schedule pick up day 9:00-3:00
· Aug. 7: Sophomore schedule pick up day 9:00-3:00
· Aug. 10: 6:00 pm Freshman & New Student Orientation
· Aug. 11: Connection Enrollment
· Aug. 15: First day of School
If you have any questions or need any more information call our office at 235-4600 and talk to our secretary Kristin Metz. You can also schedule a meeting with the principal with any questions, concerns or suggestions.
Looking forward to a great year!