Meals for KPBSD Students
Breakfast and lunch meals are free for student's that are enrolled in KPBSD schools that offer a Breakfast and Lunch program for the 2021-2022 school year! There is no cost to families for student meals at school when attending onsite, or for Get-It-And-Go Meals during a school shutdown.
Get It & Go Meals will be provided only when a school site shifts to 100% Remote Learning during COVID-19. Get It and Go meals will be available for all onsite learners who shifted to 100% REmote Learning due to High Risk at their school and attend a school participating in the Breakfast and Lunch program. Connection's students and students participating in full time Remote Learning are ineligible for meal service.
Action: complete the simple online sign-up for lunch and breakfast meals. If you do not have access to the internet, call KPBSD Student Nutrition Services at 907-714-8890.
Get-It & Go Meals at 30 Schools
- Small across the water schools: Nanwalek School, Port Graham School, Susan B English, Tebughna School
- Eastern Peninsula: Moose Pass School, Seward Elementary, Seward Middle School, Seward High School
- Kenai Area: Kaleidoscope School of Arts and Science, Kenai Alternative School, Kenai Central High School, Kenai Middle School, Mountain View Elementary
- Nikiski Area: Nikiski Middle-High School, Nikiski North Star Elementary
- Soldotna Area: K-Beach Elementary, Redoubt Elementary, Soldotna High School, Skyview Middle School, Soldotna Elementary, Tustumena Elementary
- Sterling Area: Sterling Elementary School
- Southern Peninsula: Chapman School, Homer High School, Homer Middle School, McNeil Canyon School, Nikolaevsk School, Ninilchik School, Paul Banks Elementary, West Homer Elementary
If the student is not present, please have the student ID to present at the pickup location.
If you have questions, or do not have internet access to complete the weekly online signup, call KPBSD Student Nutrition Services, 907-714-8890, or email dbuchanan@KPBSD.org.
During High Risk (Red)
Daily meal pickup from 12:00-12:30 PM is available for all onsite learners who shifted to 100% Remote during closure.
- Daily pickup at schools during high risk school status is between 12:00-12:30 PM
- Meal orders must be made online before 12:00 noon, on the Friday before week of pickup (This is a firm cutoff time)
- Unexpected school closure meal orders may be placed for the first week of closure by calling 907.714.8890 or emailing email@example.com
- Pickup location is at the front
entrance of the school.
Seward schools will pick-up at Seward Middle.
- People may order up to a maximum of five lunches and five breakfasts for each enrolled student but will be a daily pickup unless requested by parent by phone to Student Nutrition office 714-8890.
- No breakfast meals are provided at K-Beach Elementary, Kaleidoscope School of Arts & Science, Kenai Alternative School or Moose Pass.
- Meals are Free to KPBSD enrolled students for the 21/22 school year (family members and Connections students are not eligible for meals.)
- Preorder form must be completed every week by noon on Friday, for the following week
- Parents must notify the pickup kitchen at their school if they wish to cancel the order once it has been placed
Signup tips http://mealapp.kpbsd.org/preorder
- Fill out one form for each student.
- When you complete the online order form, you will see a drop-down menu of schools enrolled for Get It & Go meals
- You will then choose the location for pickup
Order online at http://mealapp.kpbsd.org/preorder