Find the right point of contact for your request
A closer look at our district
Highlight Stories from our District
Media & Public Relations
News Releases, Media and PR correspondence
The Latest Communications
- Free Developmental, Vision & Hearing Screenings for preschoolers
- Board of Education Monthly Meeting Monday, October 3, 2022 – Quarterly work session Tuesday, October 4, 2022
- Board of Education Charter School Oversight Committee Meeting – Tuesday, September 27, 2022
- KPBSD Board of Education Vacancy
- KPBSD College & Career Fair
- Board of Education Monthly Meeting Monday, September 12, 2022
- Happy Labor Day! School Holiday – No School, Monday, September 5, 2022
- Early Release Day – Friday, September 9, 2022
Inform, connect, and engage
Our mission is to establish positive relationships and credibility between KPBSD and its publics. Timely, accurate information is more important than ever, and KPBSD Communications strives to share the right information, to the right people, at the right time, so they can make the best decisions for themselves and families. KPBSD Communications increases awareness and understanding of, involvement with, and support for the district and 42 diverse schools through effective communication, community engagement, and responsiveness with media during times of crisis or celebration. KPBSD regularly shares information across multiple platforms and involves the community in major district initiatives, programs, and activities.
Communication to and with the media, publics, families, students, and our staff instills confidence that the public’s investment in youth and public education is a valuable investment.
KPBSD Communication Channels
The website is our primary hub of communication. We post alerts during a crisis, stories to celebrate staff and students, calendars, district department and school links, and a COVID-19 hub.
Stay updated on the latest news and happenings in the district on KPBSD Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.
Automated Emails, phone calls, and text messages
District communication is distributed to parents through email using the SchoolMessenger notification system. Notifications are about district or school information including school closures, early releases or power outages, and updates from your school principal. Contact your school to ensure your information is current in PowerSchool so you can receive emails and text messages.
- Automated KPBSD district phone calls come from one main number: 907-714-8966. If you miss a phone call or voice message from the district, you may call the number and listen to the last several voice messages sent to your phone (most recent will play first).
- Text Messages (SMS): To receive text messages from the school or district, parents must have an active SMS number on file in PowerSchool AND opt-in to receive text messages via their mobile carrier. To opt-in via your mobile phone, text “YES” to 67587 and you will receive a confirmation message.
Media news releases and announcements to local media outlets
KPBSD Field Notes Communications Blog
Find news stories, news releases, and highlight stories on the communications blog, and subscribe for immediate updates when they post: https://communications.blogs.kpbsd.k12.ak.us/
Free Mobile App
The KPBSD App is free and available for immediate download on iPhone and Android devices. You can find Kenai Peninsula Borough SD in the app store. Our app was specifically developed to provide direct access to the district’s most sought after information in the most convenient format—your mobile device.
Suggest A Story
Please contribute your story or story idea to KPBSD communications for possible inclusion in employee or district news, KPBSD social media, or web highlights. Verify that any photographs have been approved by the school for public use. Click to submit online and upload photos or files.