The Latest from Planning and Operations
The responsibility of the Planning and Operations Director is to manage instructional support operations of the school district including facility planning, maintenance, operations, custodial care, transportation, food services, warehouse, pools and community theaters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises the Warehouse, Transportation, Student Nutrition Services, Pool Operations and the Theater Departments.
- Coordinates capital projects and major maintenance with various Kenai Peninsula Borough Departments and follow-up onsite inspections conducted by the Department of Environmental Conservation and the State Fire Marshal.
- Provides maintenance support to all schools and departments of KPBSD, oversees custodial, OSHA, ADA, AHERA and water quality at school and department sites.
- Preventative maintenance plans and Capital Improvement applications for the Department of Education and Early Development.
- Middle and High school pool management
- Pool rentals
- Bus Schedules
- Bus Routes
- Bus Guidelines
- Food nutrition services
- School Kitchen Management
- Free/reduced lunch applications
- Kenai Central High, Soldotna High and Nikiski High Auditoriums
- Elementary, middle, high school and charter school programs in the area including music festivals and graduations
- Warehouse deliveries
- Delivery schedules
- Warehouse catalogs and supplies