Cindy is the District Pool Supervisor helping oversee all of the facilities. She and her crew handle all middle and high school programs in the area, including pool rentals.
The staff consists of seven Pool Managers:
- Natalee Finley, Ninilchik Pool – NFinley@kpbsd.k12.ak.us
- Lisa Stanish, Susan B. English Pool – Lstanish@kpbsd.k12.ak.us
- Bethany Miller, Homer Pool – BMiller@kpbsd.k12.ak.us
- William Hubler, Kenai Pool – WHubler@kpbsd.k12.ak.us
- Nita Hollingsworth, Seward Pool – NHollingsworth@kpbsd.k12.ak.us
- Desiree Traxler, Soldotna Pool – DTraxler@kpbsd.k12.ak.us
- Virginia (Ginny) Johnson, Skyview Pool – GJohnson@kpbsd.k12.ak.us
Rental Rates for community use:
PRIORITY USE OF POOL FACILITIES (Categories A,B,C,D,E,F)
Category A: School and school-related activities
Category B: Youth public, groups/organizations open to all school-age children, which provide youth activities in which school-age children are the primary beneficiaries.
Category C: Individual Birthday Party – two lifeguards
Category D: Non-Profit Organizations supporting recreational water and/or life, health and safety activities in and around water for training and/or certification purposes. (meeting the requirements of E 1240 Organizations Supporting Student Activities and Non-Profit Organizations Supporting Recreational Water Activities and/or life/health and safety activities in and around water for training and/or certification purposes and a signed MOA with the KPBSD)
Category E: Individual per lane rental – for organizations in Category B or C, if the lane rental occurs during normal operation, this reduced rate is based on pool and staffing availability. Rent up to three lanes or up to 50% of the lanes at each site for approved activity, with a maximum of four persons per lane. This is not designated for open swim events.
Category F: Any remaining groups that do not meet the criteria for Category A, B, C, D, or E
|Admission Fees for Public Swim||Adults||Youth||Senior Citizen||2 and Under|
|Punch Cards / $55.00||Adults||Youth||Senior Citizen||2 and Under|
|All Facilities||10 Swims||12 Swims||12 Swims||N/A|
|Pool Rental Fees Per Hour||1 Lifeguard||2 Lifeguards||3 Lifeguards|
|Category C||N/A||$90.00 up to 49 persons||$125.00 50 or more persons|
|Category D||Per KPBSD MOA||Per KPBSD MOA||Per KPBSD MOA|
|Category E||Per Lane up to 3 Lanes @ $20 per lane. Maximum 4 persons per lane|
Additional Lifeguards: $35.00 per hour as needed or determined by pool manager based on user group needs. After the first rental hour, lifeguard fees can be charged in one-quarter hour increments. For Categories A-E if the lifeguard is in overtime there is an additional $10 per hour charge, for each lifeguard in OT status.
For information on booking events in any of the pools call:
- Ninilchik Pool – 907-714-0351
- Susan B. English Pool – 907-234-7616
- Homer Pool – 907-235-7416
- Kenai Pool – 907-283-7476
- Seward Pool – 907-224-3900
- Soldotna Pool – 907-262-7419
- Skyview Pool – 907-262-3905