2022-23 Apple Bus Route Changes and Updates – Effective 8/9/2022
Purpose of Route Changes – Route changes originated due to a school bus driver shortage and District funding restrictions due to increased daily bus rate (adjusted by contract for inflation) and increased fuel costs. The changes reduce costs and maximize buses (Student counts) while retaining as much service to areas as possible and keeping student ride times as short as possible.
SOHI – Skyview – River City Academy
Change – Route 122 combined with 108 – the updated route is 108. Bus will pick up on the Sterling Highway and Kenai Spur only. The bus will not travel on Feuding Lane nor East Redoubt. Exception – the bus will travel down Silver Salmon off the Kenai Spur Highway.
KCHS – KMS – River City Academy
Change – Route 123 & 127 will be combined – the updated route is 127. Thee bus will not travel off K-Beach Road – thus all stops for Cannery Road and all side roads will be on K-Beach Road.
Change – Route 121 will now be added to Rote 120, Route 133, and Route 146. Stops will remain the same. Only the route numbers have changed.
Mountain View Elementary School
Change – Route 127 is now Route 144. Stops will remain the same. Only the Route number has changed.
Change – Route 12 will now be added to Route 120, Route 133, and Route 146. Stops will remain the same. Only the Route number has changed.
Tustumena Elementary School
Change – Route 144 has been added to Route 141. Route 141. will not travel down Pollard Loop. The stop will be at the north end of Pollard Loop on the Sterling Highway.
Route 144 will no longer service Tustumena Elementary.
Name / Identifier Change: Apple Bus was sold to First Student and the bus markings are transitioning to First Student – your school bus may have markings “Apple Bus” or “First Student”.
Find your bus route, time, and route number!
Online searchable directory: Apple Bus InfoFinder Bus Portal
KPBSD is delighted to be partnered with Apple Bus to provide transportation for our students, since August 2017.
Do you have questions about KPBSD bus transportation? Please call:
- Central peninsula area (Kasilof, Kenai, Nikiski, Ninilchik, Soldotna, Sterling): 907.262.4900
- Southern peninsula area (Anchor Point, Homer area): 907.235.0124
- Seward area: 907.224.3559
Additional Transportation Resources
Do you have ideas or concerns for KPBSD Student Transportation? You have several options:
- Offer your suggestion or concern online via this direct link which will be routed to the KPBSD transportation department
- Call the KPBSD transportation supervisor at 907.714.8834
- Email your thoughts (include your full name, child’s name, and school your child attends) to Transportation@KPBSD.org
- Download this KPBSD Transportation comment form, complete it, and then mail, fax, or deliver it in person to: Kenai Peninsula Borough School District Student Transportation, 148 N. Binkley, Soldotna, Alaska 99669. Fax: 907.262.7165
Apple Bus fleet arrives to KPBSD!