Is KPBSD for you?
What we believe
We believe every student can learn and be successful. We are committed to delivering a relevant, rigorous, standards-based curriculum that will prepare every student to be successful in a dynamic world beyond grade 12. When joining our team, you will be a part of a collaborative culture dedicated to continuous improvement with many opportunities to grow professionally while making a positive difference for students. Click here to learn more about what we believe at KPBSD.
Location and Diversity
- At 25,600 square miles, KPBSD is larger than the entire state of West Virginia
- School busses travel 7,200 miles every day, transporting 2,700 plus students throughout the district
- KPBSD school building rooftops cover a combined area of more than 50 acres
- KPBSD is the largest employer on the Kenai Peninsula
- Sixty-six percent of KPBSD teachers have an advanced degree, and 82.4% of KPBSD teachers are Highly Qualified in the subject in which they teach
- Fast facts...
Salary and Benefits
KPBSD offers competitive salaries and benefits for all of our employees. We strive for excellent working conditions with a commitment to smaller class sizes, preventative maintenance of our facilities, high quality safety programs and dedicated collaboration time for our certified staff. For more information on our collective bargaining agreements that include salary and benefit packages please see Collective Bargaining Agreements.
You will be recognized as a part of a school system that demonstrates Alaska statewide leadership in the areas of effective instruction, effective leadership, student achievement, and student intervention. KPBSD is at the forefront of collaborative practices that are showing steady learning gains for all of our students. The students of KPBSD are among the highest achievers in the State of Alaska and that is due to its extraordinary employees. Learn more: