The Latest Communications
- Celebrate K-Beach Elementary School teacher Heather Baker … one of four educators in Alaska who may become the 2023 Alaska Teacher of the Year!
- Retirements: thank you for 10+ years with KPBSD
- KPBSD Principal Denise Kelly is 2022 Alaska AAESP National Distinguished Principal of the Year
- Teaching is a work of HEART!
- Caring for the Kenai 2022
- Board of Education Monthly Meeting Monday, May 2, 2022
- Coffee and Kindergarten Art!
- Vaughn Dosko Region 3 Principal of the Year
KPBSD strategic plan videos on YouTube
- Welcome to the KPBSD strategic plan with Superintendent Sean Dusek
- KPBSD Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) with Superintendent Sean Dusek
- How “Responsive” fits into the KPBSD education strategy with Superintendent Sean Dusek
- “Relevance” in the KPBSD with Superintendent Sean Dusek
- How KPBSD schools are responsive, with Dr. Christine Ermold
- KPBSD is responsive with Clayton Holland, Director of Pupil Services
- The Leadership Journey with Superintendent Sean Dusek
- “Rigor” in the KPBSD
The mission of the Kenai Peninsula Borough School District is to empower all learners to positively shape their futures.
KPBSD will inspire all learners to pursue their dreams in a rigorous, relevant and responsive environment.
Every KPBSD student will graduate prepared for their future. A strong, positive relationship with all students is the foundation of a quality education in KPBSD. A KPBSD diploma guarantees a student is ready for life, college, and career.
1) Ready for:
- Life: KPBSD students will demonstrate life readiness skills by possessing resiliency, grit, and perseverance to achieve their goals with a growth mindset that empowers them to approach their future with confidence.
- College: KPBSD students will demonstrate college readiness by meeting rigorous academic indicators and/or post-secondary assessment scores.
- Career: KPBSD students will demonstrate career readiness by identifying a career interest and meeting employability/experiential benchmarks.
2) Rigor: All Students will achieve high levels of academic growth:
- Students will learn in a performance-based instructional model.
- Student growth and success will be determined through multiple measures of learning.
- Students will have “accessible anywhere” curriculum without dependencies on particular technologies.
3) Relevance: Experience a personalized learning system:
- Students will learn in a flexible instructional model that is fluid and developmentally appropriate for all.
- Students will experience varied instructional strategies that target individual strengths and interests of each learner.
- Students will develop a personalized learner profile as demonstrated in their portfolio.
- Students will be given opportunities to develop healthy lifestyles and make healthy choices.
- Students will be provided instructional opportunities in partnership with parents and community that extend growth, exploration and learning beyond the classroom.
4. Responsive: Be immersed in a high quality instructional environment:
- Prioritize strong, positive relationships with all students to support their social and emotional needs.
- Teachers will utilize a repertoire of high-yield instructional strategies that are research-based, high quality instructional strategies, within the instructional environment.
- Develop a culture of continuous innovation within all schools across the district.
- Professional learning is embedded and ongoing, resulting in continuous growth and innovation.
- Develop a highly reliable and efficient organization through online/concurrent collaboration tools.